Wednesday, May 16, 2007

sleep---

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE-SLEEP

Some say now suffer all the children
And walk away a savior
Or a mad man and polluted from gutter institutions
Don’t you breathe for me.
Undeserving of your sympathy
'Cause there ain’t no way that I’m sorry for what I did

And through it all.
How could you cry
For me
'Cause I don’t feel bad about it
So shut your eyes
Kiss me goodbye
And sleep
Just sleep
The hardest part is letting go of your dreams

A drink for the horror that I’m in
For the good guys and the bad guys
For the monsters that I’ve been

Three cheers for tyranny,
Unapologetic apathy
'Cause there ain’t no way that I’m coming back again

And through it all.
How could you cry
For me
'Cause I don’t feel bad about it
So shut your eyes
Kiss me goodbye
And sleep
Just sleep
The hardest parts
the awful things that I’ve seen

Just sleep


wake up!...

"...Are those bruises below your eyes?" a concerned Tatenshi asked.
"Bruises? I don't think I punched myself." Jane quipped, eliciting mild laughter.
"Nope, they're eyebags."

Jane was mildly shocked, you could say. She knew she pulled frequent late-nighters studying, doing art and whatnot, but somehow the later she slept, the more refreshed she'd be at school. Though refreshed might be a wrong word to use since on those subsequent days she'd feel like she was just on autopilot, with a terrible humming in her ear the whole day. That humming was a paradigm of sorts, a paradigm of a blank mind and a comfortable, sedated state. But she'd never really considered the gravitas of the matter---
---then everything fell into place. Her relatives' nitpickings on her newfound gauntness, how she thought her jeans were losing their elasticity, and now this...

they say that the human brain is particularly adept at overlooking undesirable details. Jane did just that, closing her eyes for a moment.

She just wanted to sleep.

Perhaps, a mild, horribly watered-down dose of euthanasia to curb this humming, these sudden realisations...just for a while.


If not for a longer time?

No comments: